I have decided to post main ingredient-wise recipes for user-friendliness

LAUKI RECIPES | BOTTLEGOURD RECIPES |

Since I happen to have started my Odia food blog with a lauki (bottlegourd) recipe for no specific reason, (may be because that day I had made that Lauki-Prawn  dish for lunch and had just clicked it to save), I think I will share my different recipes with the same main ingredient, i.e. lauki to start with, for my visitors to make it easy for them to try out the ones they would like to. In fact, lauki is not supposed to be a premium or preferred vegetable. Yet we would see, keeping in view its health quotient ( known to almost all at least courtesy Baba Ram Dev) we can make it a good part of our homely meals, some of which, if offered in restaurants here as well as elsewhere, can be a source of great comfort to tourists and the like!   

Yes, that seems to be a great idea….. I will share the recipes Main Ingredient–wise. One can choose one recipe over another to try, depending upon ready/quick availability of all ingredients for a particular recipe. Having all the simple, healthy, delicious recipes with one major ingredient – like say, bhindi, or baingan, or parwal, or, fish, or tuar dal, or chhole etc. - one after another will have a distinct advantage – no one has to look for them through the whole blog, whenever, say one has some specific vegetable, or non-veg, and just wants to try out some recipe with it.

So, here I go. Please look out for my next few posts on LAUKI RECIPES – the healthy, simple, delicious versions in Odia style – mostly traditional. Some are a bit adapted.

Just want to clarify one thing. In all my recipes, you will find the ingredients highlighted and their quantum in brackets as you go along the procedure. I somehow think it is a wastage of time, energy and space to list out the ingredients at the beginning as they are in any case going to be repeated in the process. So just pay attention to the highlights to check out your preparedness for trying out the recipe.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lau Masala in Milk | Bottlegourd curry with spices and milk | LAUKI RECIPE | VEGAN RECIPE | SIMPLE TASTY VEGAN RECIPE WITH BOTTLEGOURD | ODIA CUISINE | INDIAN CUISINE FROM EASTERN INDIA |

Lau Aloo Arua Tarkary in Methi & Hing | Lauki Recipe | Vegan Recipe | Bottlegourd Recipe | Bottlegourd and Potato Curry without Garlic and Onion | Odia Cuisine | Simple Healthy Tasty Recipe | Indian Cuisine |

Lau Chingudi Rai ( My Odia Style) | LAUKI RECIPE | ODIA CUISINE | GREEN BOTTLE GOURD, POTATO AND PRAWN IN MUSTARD | LAUKI RECIPE WITH PRAWN | AUTHENTIC ODIA FOOD | MUSTARD MAGIC |